Yup, screwed it up already. But I was watching basketball, and going to court, and getting my drink on, and getting inked! Oh, and then there's Beowulf.

It was what, three weeks ago that I vowed to blog weekly? But I didn't last week. Shit. At least this time I have stuff to blog about. For starters, last Tuesday Hubby and I took the girls to the Syracuse game. At the time they were the #1 team in the country. It was alright, but I still would rather have been at a football game.
Then, last Wednesday was adoption day! It has been a long time coming for Hubby to adopt J (older daughter). He has been her Daddy for over 10 years, and now it is legal. I've been in front of that judge more times than I can count, but this time he was wearing regular clothes and laughing and talking about reading Dr. Seuss books to his granddaughter's class at school. He even had J and M both sign the adoption papers, and he gave J and teddy bear. She is thrilled to have the same last name as the rest of the family and even had to take a copy of the certificate to school.

THEN, as if the week hadn't been eventful enough, Hubby and I had a child free night Friday. J was invited to spend the night with her best friend and go see a band at the local VFW. M was invited to go have a sleepover at her "boyfriend's" house. (Mind you, they have been BF/GF since the second week of kindergarten and are now half way through second grade). Sooo, big one was at a bar and younger was sleeping at boyfriend's. Yup, I'm mother of the freaking year!! Hubby and I went out for dinner at Chili's. The El Nino margarita is tasty.

AND THEN...I got my first tattoo Saturday night. I went to see Scott @ Stiehl's Body Modification in Ithaca. It wasn't terrible, but it obviously didn't feel good. It took just under two hours.

The outline was tolerable and I felt more vibration than anything else. Except at the very bottom of the book closer to the bone. And the back near the Achilles tendon. Those required a couple deep breaths. Hubby did a good job talking to me and keeping me distracted.

The color was a little less fun. Bigger needles and all, so it required a bit more of a distraction. Besides hubby, I also brought Nicky (his sis, my bf of 15 yrs!!). She got an impromptu nose piercing, then came upstairs to watch me suffer   hold me down keep me entertained while I had to sit still.
The color on the book was the worst part, since it was already a sensitive spot the first time through. Going over it repeatedly layering colors and using the fat color needle almost cost Scott an arm   was hell  was not fun. I think I may have made some faces, and some Lamaze breathing was necessary for a minute or two. I think the only thing that saved Scott got me through at the end was that I was so focused on the fact that I was STARVING!! and I knew the sooner it was over with, the sooner I could go eat.
This is the completed tat. His name is Webster. And no, he is not sitting on a dictionary.
Yes, I have officially solidified my place in the world of nerds, by permanently branding a bookworm to my outside right ankle. On the brighter side, I was told my skin likes ink, which is no surprise for anyone who has ever seen my father. Apparently I used all my pain tolerance getting him put on because he is driving me crazy now. I need him to hurry up and heal so he will stop irritating me. I love my worm, and Scott did an amazing job, but I will not be in a big rush to get more ink.

So, as you can see, I didn't blog last week because I was so very busy!!!!! I made up for it, right? If not, I always have the excuse that I was too busy reading Beowulf and writing essays for class....


LiLu said...

Best. Post title. Ever.